Sunday, September 30, 2012

Crochet: Detachable 30 Minute Peter Pan Collar



Inspiration:
 



I know I'm kind of late on the bandwagon here, but I'm absolutely loving the peter pan collar trend.  I figured the easiest way to recreate one would be to crochet.  As per usual I took to google and pinterest to see if there was a free pattern already in existence, and sure enough there was! I read over a few patterns and ultimately ended up making up my own.  See below for pattern.

Materials:
yarn
crochet hook (size k)
darning needle
scissors
tape measure
faux pearl bead

Pattern:
Make a slipknot
Chain until you reach desired length (I chained 60) (To determine desired length I took a tape measure and wrapped it around my neck)
2nd row: DC (double crochet) in 4th chain from the hook, dc in every stitch after
3rd row: chain 3, dc in 1st stitch *skip 2 stitches, 4 dc in 3rd stitch* repeat *to* until you have one stitch left, in last stitch 2 dc
4th row: repeat 3rd row, except for the last stitch, in last stitch dc
Finishing: using your darning needle weave in ends, leave a few inches of yarn, thread the pearl bead and weave in the remaining yarn







No comments:

Post a Comment